the return

| On
Sunday, April 10, 2011
toucan tango

I'm back! I got home around 9:30 PM on Thursday. It snowed ALL DAY LONG for the 8000000 miles (aprox) that we drove. Mostly it wasn't sticking to the road, but it still led to some white knuckle moments as we went over mountains, through high desert, and around massive lake beds. LESSON LEARNED: Western states are really big. I mean, I knew it before, but it's been a while since I tested so thoroughly.

Thursday Wildlife Roundup: deer (looking like a Christmas card as they dined through snow on the side of the road); jackrabbit, safely jackrabbiting his way across the interstate; bald eagles! one in flight, one on the ground with a big but still immature Eagle Youth.

Friday I spent the day standing up as a reward for sitting in the car for a week. Saturday I burned brain cells trying to figure out what my post-roadtrip plan is. (I've yet to reach a conclusion.) I also watched Princess Mononoke and Ponyo. When I grow up I would like to be a forest spirit or a sea wizard - is that so much to ask? Is there like a sea wizard Hogwarts I could apply to and be their oldest student?

Photos, etc. soon!

(photo note: This photo is of a sign at Schreiner's Gardens from last May. I didn't see any toucans, let alone tangoing toucans on my road trip. The sign makes me laugh - I picture exotic bird taxi dancers, lounging around the edge of the dance floor waiting for some lonely depression-era bird with $20 bills in his pocket who wants to dance. Not many birds can tango though, so the Toucan doesn't really get many opportunities to shake her tail feathers - but when she does, look out!)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9