nine nine nine

| On
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
9
NINE! (from the state fair. I didn't imagine that the first picture I'd post from there would be of a dumpster, but this is what happened anyway.)

Today was an interesting one at work, but most of them are one way or another. On the whole, people were pretty great. For every cranky guy stomping in bitching about bad manners, there were three adorably evil/sneaky library children.

AE/SLC 1: baby, striped footy pajamas, recently mobile, ran like a gazelle to the door at least 3 times. He was softly giggly (rather than shrieky or crying) and easily apprehended. He is finding life hilarious so far.

AE/SLC 2: girl about 7, at library with visiting grandma. Grandma clearly thought there needed to be more grandma intervention since the girl forgot her library card, (FUSS AND HOVER FUSS AND HOVER) but the AE/SLC managed to get across to grandma that she should just chill and STFU, but she did it without actually being rude to grandma. These are important life skills!

AE/SLC 3: child of indeterminate gender, just tall enough for hair (curly, curly!) and eyes (grass green) to be seen over the counter, sliding a library card in my general direction and waiting with a little hoppy dance for me to scan the damn books already. (said thank you.)

CRANKY GUY: Why don't people say thank you anymore when you hold open a door?! (kind of pissed, has line between his eyebrows that indicates he probably focuses on these perceived injustices more often than is healthy.)

ME to cranky guy: non-committal "oh! Let me get your DVDs" (he thinks I'm agreeing, but what I'm really thinking is that you shouldn't do nice things for people (especially strangers) because you expect some kind of acknowledgement or reward, you should do them for the pleasure of doing them! The "you owe me" headspace is always disappointing. I agree it would be nice if people were more polite in general, but getting mad about it isn't going to get you there.)

white nine
another nine! I was worried I wouldn't have enough. (I need three.)

number 9, number 9
one more! this feels like cheating since I know I've posted it before, but that was ages ago.
2 comments on "nine nine nine"
  1. in two years it will be 9-10-11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!!

    Next year is 8-9-10
    three years 10-11-12!!!
    soon: 11-11-11!

    They should hire us for sesame street immediately.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YcBVEnLT8

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9