greetings from the surface of the sun

| On
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
little red lights

Today got up to 107 degrees. In Portland!! I believe we have collectively, as a city, wilted. I also totally dented my car by running into another car, which was stressful and sweaty. (it was a parked car and a long story -- I did leave a note and am waiting to see what comes of it.* Many thanks to the kind woman who took pity on me, crossed the street and helped me out since I was literally stuck on the corner.)

There is good news, though -- before I dented my car I found an awesome new to me art supply store and I did just spend the weekend camping at the beach with friends, which was totally fun! (note: camping with running water.) more on that soon.

I am delighted to be working all day tomorrow in air conditioned library splendor, although it's only supposed to be 104!

(this picture is from a much nicer day -- July 18th-- when I was sitting with my people on the lawn at Edgefield watching Andrew Bird/ the Decemberists.)

*I just heard from the guy and he seems reasonable, we shall see!
3 comments on "greetings from the surface of the sun"
  1. I'm glad you had fun! It was totally worth the consumption (or cold/cough, if you insist on being reasonable and not prone to exaggeration) that followed me home! I'm still deciding if we're going back today. It seems like coughing in 80 degree weather will probably be more fun than coughing in 106 degree weather, but maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you go? I worked all day in the a/c, which was NICE!

    sorry you got sick -- summer colds are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did! I got myself drugged up (Mucinex, I love you!) and we went to Oceanside, did the 3 Capes Scenic Loop, and stopped in Rockaway. It was great.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9