my best bee, etc.

| On
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
globe thistle
Leslie, Bec and I were in pursuit of raspberries, marionberries, and blueberries -- we were desperate last minute berry pickers, but the farm is used to this and has people trained to flush late portlanders out of the bushes and herd them back to the entrance at closing. I love the hand painted signs for various you-pick areas and I also love globe thistles. (also berries in case that was unclear.) Too much love? Never! (I hate a bunch of stuff too, but why dwell on it?)

the green bench
love this green! This bench was in what I think was my favorite lavender farm in the lavender festival (not to be confused with berry picking, which was another day entirely)...

lavender valley
This wasn't the view exactly from the bench, but close. Most of the farms were in Yamhill county (also known for wine) -- some were up on hills and reminded me more of eastern Oregon, but this one was on a river deep in the valley. there was clover on either side of the main lavender field and a creek/river/long skinny body of moving water to the back.

busy bee
Here's my favorite bee picture taken that day. It was windy, which made it easy to mistake the movement of the thousands of bees for a breeze, at least at first -- once I got close enough I could hear them buzzing. There were so many, but somehow it never got killer bee scary. I think because the lavender is relatively close to the ground and honestly -- what would bees want with people when there's all that delicious pollen right there?

receipt
Not to mention that I had onion rings for lunch. (Actually, I had french fries, but I poached onion rings from others at my table. These walla walla rings are DELICIOUS.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9