it's raining

| On
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
it's raining like November! Yet I am relatively serene because the rain means perfect sleeping weather and I don't have to water the plants. Besides, I'm fairly confident the sun will return. On the downside, the cloud cover and rain came just in time to keep me from seeing the perseids, YET AGAIN. I suspect a conspiracy of clouds. One of these days I'm going to outwit the weather by sneaking out in my pajamas and driving east until I hit the high desert where I can watch all the meteors I want. ha! Take that, clouds. (I have concealed certain details (like how I change cars AND pajamas 4 times) in order to prevent plan foiling.)

bridge, surfer, sand

here's what it looked like on the Oregon coast in July. Or at least what it looked like on July 25 of this year. I just read a story in the paper about how surfing is becoming more and more popular in Oregon, despite tough economic times and the fact that the water is sharky, cold, and churns like a washing machine. Improved wetsuits is the only reason for increased popularity that I remember -- I'm sure there were others, but my brain kind of disconnected at SHARKY. Anyway, rumor on the beach had it that this guy was going to surf to the next town south.

This image is from the central coast (Heceta Head) -- I've generally seen a lot more surfers on the north coast, but maybe that's just because the north coast is more convenient to the larger population of portland? I don't know. SHARKY!

surfing to somewhere
there he goes! Note the lonesome bird in the fog. (The bird considers himself a poet first and a bird second; he's always happy for a distance-surfer captive audience.)

at heceta head, below the light house
he went this way.

fair warning: more book posts soon, maybe even today.
2 comments on "it's raining"
  1. Sharks: you would think they would be a really inarguably good reason not to do stupid things, like swim with sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I realize that statistically the shark risk is probably not that great, but... SHARKS!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9