things to do

| On
Thursday, August 06, 2009
the moon is so bright I could:

1) perform minor surgery (stitches and other basic band-aid procedures only.)

2) shadow puppet show! (please note that all puppets are either alligators or really weird looking long-eared dogs and they all speak with a foghorn leghorn accent OR a reedeeculous fronch accent until I get so tired it's like foghorn leghorn's year abroad. NO REFUNDS.)

3) fry an egg! I need a frying pan and a source of heat, but I can see just fine. If you don't like eggs, I will happily make toast by the light of the moon, but that's not very impressive since I could make toast with way less moon than this. come see me on the 12% wax/wane for some truly daring feats of toasted bread.

4) almost read. it's good light for poetry, since if I can't quite make out the correct word, I'm at least in the spirit of the thing by making up my own.

5) water ski. If only I water skied! (skied? is that really a word?) Anyway, I think any proper moonlight (FULL MOON) water skiing should be done synchronized and costumed, Cypress Gardens-style. (Like the Go-Go's! But at night.) I hope everyone has their tiara ready. Meet me at the lake.

3 comments on "things to do"
  1. You could read poetry in other languages! Languages you don't even know! It would be awesome!

    Could you tell black socks from blue socks, though? That is super hard to do in moonlight. In fact it's a test to see whether someone is an ALIEN or otherwise NOT OF THIS EARTH but you have to know your socks really well or you could accuse a regular person of being from Pluto. Careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally fail the alien test -- I don't even HAVE blue or black socks!! Although I'm usually pretty good about distinguishing navy from black in other things. But maybe not socks! I'm probably doomed if the moonlight sock checkers come my way. Although maybe I could distract them with some poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you are safe! They never bring their own, but who would use theirs, anyway?

    Last night the moon was so bright I woke up grumbling, "Who left the lights on?"

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9