some things:

| On
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
1. Print out some stuff from Feed Your Soul: the free art project via the Indie Fixx blog. Free prints for you to print out, look at, and thereby be cheered if you are cheered by looking at prints. (as I am!) My hands down favorite so far is this sweet swamp monster from Ryan Berkley of Berkley Illustration. (scroll down the Feed Your Soul page to find it.) You know Swamp Monster probably smells pretty bad and will leave fur and mud all over the couch, but he brought flowers and has such charming but nervous yellow eyes...

2. Celebrate summer as it wanes with this awesome mix made at the apex of the season by Kevin Robinson of Viva Voce. It's called "Kevin's Summer Mix," and I love the entire shimmery psychedelic thing, although I always skip over the radio spots. My particular favorites this very moment are Summer by Octopus, Going Down by The Moles, and Et Moi, Et Moi, Et Moi by Jacques Dutronc. Oh! Also Queen of the Moonlight Wind by Andy Roberts. There's even an old Tyrannosaurus Rex song I didn't know on there! The Who inexplicably sell milkshakes. You listen and you'll see. (via Local Cut ages ago)

3. I have solved the mystery of how zip cars stay clean. (it involves a van filled with New Car Smell and some elbow grease, which is not actually made from elbows and kept in a vat.) Another case closed! (you can imagine me dusting my hands of that pesky mystery OR possibly slamming a filing cabinet shut with a satisfied look on my face while the credits roll on my 70s detective show.)

4. Love this mostly photo tumblr: smut-to-go. (not that smutty, but eclectic and interesting.) love this all poems tumblr: Poetry 365, and this art tumblr: Saints, Warriors, Tigers, Lovers, Flowers, Art. I love having some mostly visual blogs in my feed reader, especially ones like these that are coming from a personal taste place and not a cross-commercial opportunity place.
1 comment on "some things:"
  1. Awwwwww! Swamp thing brought flowers! That is so utterly sweet.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9