goings on and whatnot

| On
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
la mano

Fear not, I haven't been in a 5 day rage blackout or anything. No rampaging around with building crushing footsteps shooting lightning bolts from my fingertips or fire from my eyes. (although that would be cool!)

I've been getting stuff done -- WOO! (seriously, it's exciting.) Not just any old stuff, but stuff that is minor and stupid and easy, therefore all the more annoying when I don't do it. Once it starts to get annoying, I do that super smart thing where I begin to RESENT IT FOR EXISTING, dig my heels in and want to do whatever it is even less, even though doing it would, if not make rainbows and a choir of singing woodland animals appear on my doorstep, at least make me a fraction less crazed. (you know, I'm really not so sure about that woodland animals part of this story. I'm pretty certain that even in my Heaven is Smiling Upon Me fantasies, there are no singing squirrels. Because I know how it is! My singing squirrels would only sing hair metal ballads or maybe just Copacabana, which would be funny at first, but would then become some kind of existential torment.)

Anyway! I now have a new unexpired email password for work, I have an appointment for a haircut, I have uploaded all but the very most recent pictures in my camera, I have updated some etsy stuff and am ready to do some more, I have done some very basic groundwork for future projects and much much more!

But enough of that. I have to go to bed and read for a while; I've only got a couple of days to finish reading Little, Big and I'm just over half through. It's so good! but dense in parts, so it takes a little longer to work through it. I'm not complaining, I just wish I'd started sooner.

Maybe that should be my new motto: START IT NOW. A stitch in time saves nine, blah blah, sage wisdom, proverb, proverb, aphorism, accepted truth, learn it now or learn it later, when the student is ready the teacher will appear with yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there, music and fashion were always the passion at the COPA!
2 comments on "goings on and whatnot"
  1. Isn't it funny how "getting things done" and "the internet" cannot go hand in hand? (well, unless of course the things you need to get done involve Etsy and Flickr, but you know what I mean). I haven't played Bubble Bazinga for a week and I've been getting gold stars in all the appropriate columns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY for gold stars!

    I need to manage my time better! I can't blame the internet entirely. I think I'm back on the right track, but we'll see....

    ...
    ...

    I like the ominous dots.

    I don't know what Bubble Bazinga is and now I'm afraid to find out.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9