strange days weather report

| On
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Two days ago the heat came on by itself in the middle of the night because the temperature dropped so low; tomorrow's going to be in the nineties. Today everything made me angry, which was disconcerting because generally I'm not an angry person. (I wish this was because of my superior moral fiber, but it's because I'm too lazy for angry person drama.) But apparently every now and then even lazy people get mad. Today I was horrible -- I watched myself stomp around and be stupid and unkind -- terrible. As soon as I said the words "I'm angry at everything today," a little switch flipped and I felt like I was back in control of myself, until that pain in the ass Sad Jen came and wasted even more of my time. Fortunately, once I found out that freaky weather times were afoot I pretty much got over it. Hooray!

ANYWAY.

Here are two videos that I think suit this time of seasonal transition, especially the Wild Beasts video. I know it was probably filmed in England, but it looks just like here right now. (Although I've yet to come across a grove of falsetto monks, I'm sure they're out there.) My sister pointed out that Great Britain is at a similar latitude or some other equator related factoid. She likes to bust out the science and technical terms (particularly concerning geology and roadway construction) but the thing you should know is that she's perfectly comfortable making shit up and passing it along as fact. I call this her "Dr. Science" mode. That being said, she's often right, which I think she is about this.



Okay, every time I hear the words "dusty library" at the beginning of this Camera Obscura song, I get a little huffy on behalf of non-dusty libraries everywhere. I know this is silly. You know what makes me laugh about this video? Her french sailor conveniently wears a cliche striped french sailor t-shirt! and is beardy in a french way. (I don't even know what that means, but I know it's true.) Anyway. This video features much european cavorting, but it's european cavorting that flits from giddy to melancholy as is appropriate for unpredictable weather.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9