oh no, not a puddle!

| On
Sunday, January 31, 2010
swirling orange windows

today was a loooong day, but in the middle of it I got to go eat lunch at an excellent park. I took some pictures, but they're not where I can get to them just yet. (the picture above is from somewhere in Tacoma near the glass museum. They are glass crazy up there, I tell you what.) ANYWAY. I went to the park for lunch and as I was walking around taking pictures in an alternately aimless then purposeful manner, a little boy on his mountain bike came zooming up behind me and past me. He was headed for "THE HILL" which I heard him hollering about to his mom. "CAN I GO DOWN THAT HILL?" I was walking to the right of the path, and he went around me on the left. There was a puddle on the left which he was complaining about, yet drawn to irresistibly. "Oh no, there's a puddle…" as he carefully drove right through the middle of it, clearly relishing every bit of mud and water. There was an old lady coming the other direction, and rather than go around her or get back to his side of the path, he rang his bell at her so she would move! She laughed and said something about dogs and little boys never wanting to miss a mess if they could help it. Sure enough, there was another puddle and THE HILL just beyond her.

a few other things:

1) John Hamm as Scott Brown on SNL made me laugh and laugh.

2) Lady Gaga wins the red carpet.

3) Clive Owen looks good in a suit. That's just a fact.

4) I'm reading that cholera book, and can I just say I'm really glad I don't have cholera? Because I am! I would also like to say that I'd be really pissed if I'd died of cholera only to find out later that the main treatment isn't some complicated hand gesture/drug combo, but rather lots of non-contaminated fluids aka WATER. Also, I'm a little worried about how survival-smart microbes are. It's really better not to think about it.

5) my bookcase project is almost done, but in that almost-done yet still chaotic state. I won't be able to get to it until Tuesday so it's just looming at me, all teetery piles of books and silent recriminations.
5 comments on "oh no, not a puddle!"
  1. I wonder why when I read about old ladies having a laugh about boys on bikes I wish that the story ended with a cane or an umbrella in the spokes and the boy flying into a bush? Is it just me? I guess I like my old ladies a little grumpy and a lot salty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! no, it's not just you. Maybe it would have ended differently (with umbrellas or a good old fashioned elbow to the bike helmet) if his mom hadn't been right behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that others share the hope of old ladies getting their grump on! I have been thinking about getting one of those adult bikes with three wheels, as it has lots of basket space to carry goods and wares, but I am not sure. I guess it isn't exactly age inappropriate but it might make me feel like I need to double up on centrum and calcium pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get the bike! It reminds me of the glorious first season of the OC when Seth and Summer were having some kind of old-people shuffleboard vacation interlude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I MISS THE OC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9