like this a lot

| On
Friday, April 23, 2010

Yours Truly Presents: The Morning Benders "Excuses" from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


I love this Morning Benders video - it's been weeks since I first saw it and I still wake up with this song in my head all the time. Apparently my sleeping mind is a fan of the wall of sound style! I'm also fond of the video for the idea of gathering ones musical contemporaries, friends, friends of friends and that one guy you met that time and making something beautiful. Here's what this video, with its assemblage of beardy and non beardy guys, long haired and short haired girls, smiling and serious strummers and drummers and singers, makes me want to do: assume that every single person I cross in my everyday wanderings is on their way to meet a bunch of other people and make something AMAZING. (they could also be on their way home or to their studio or town square to make something amazing by themselves!)

foot plate
(...visual segue...)

I AM SO TIRED! So tired. This week kicked my ass. The good news is that my blackberry scratches are just past the itchy stage and therefore about to disappear and I have the next 2-3 days off from work. I have a lot (A LOT) of things to catch up on. I'm going to drink water and sleep in and be industrious!

p.s. here are two things that made me happy just yesterday:

lightning cat vs. the iceland volcano

"Occasional lumpiness has its charm, but do we really want to be less sassy than our Victorian ancestors?" (fishnet socks!!!)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9