The Westing Game

| On
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin - I just finished this a week or so ago. It is a fun, light YA read. It bills itself as a "puzzle mystery" and it surely is. I read about it recently (in passing) and rememberd that I had heard about it earlier. One of those things that has to pass through my ears/eyes three times before it makes an impression, I guess. Anyway, I found a copy at Goodwill for .99. Hooray for goodwill!

This was a Newberry Award winner, and deserving of the accolades in my opinion. The characterizations were all done in really broad strokes, but I guess that's what you get in a mystery that is right up front about putting puzzle ahead of character development. Plus, there are 16 'players'! Hard to develop much indepth there. It is basically the game Clue, but in novel form.

I found it to be a satisfying light read, which is just what I needed while wrestling with nano.
2 comments on "The Westing Game"
  1. What does YA stand for?
    -Leslita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young Adult. Usually what's aimed at 10-12 year olds, I think. There's a lot of really good YA stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9