Christmas is Coming

| On
Sunday, December 12, 2004
So... I am almost finished with my Christmas cards! Huzzah! I am not crazy about them, but they are almost done, so I am trying to let go and move on. I still have much shopping/making stuff to do. It is rough this year because I am really broke, but I am confident I will think of something. I think I've been softening the blow to potential gift-receivers with loud proclamations of my brokeness. That's the thing, though - I hate how I let myself get caught up into $$$ worth of gifts. I like giving gifts, and I won't lie - I like getting them too, although it isn't as crucial as it was when I was a kid. I just wish I could stay centered on the joy of getting the right gift for the right person instead of obsessing if I spent x$ on a, then I have to spend x$ on b. etc.

In other news, I have most recently read Alias by BMB, and the latest Fables. I plan on writing a little something up on them soon - maybe later tonight. I have to get them both in front of me again. I have decided that I also need to self-correct on some classic stuff. Alice In Wonderland is the book I chose to start with. I can't remember if I read it as a child, or only ever read bits and pieces of it collected in other books. It is so twisty and imaginative that I want to look at it with my adult eyes now, anyway. More later.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9