dressed in yellow

| On
Friday, March 12, 2010
daffodil

she's dressed in yellow she says hello/ come sit next to me you fine fellow
I now have Bust a Move stuck in my head FOREVER. Well, maybe not forever - but I have to wonder what trick of memory or brain chemistry brings this song to mind right now instead of Mellow Yellow (I'm just wild about Saffron!) or Yellow (yell-ow), or other yellow colored songs I can't even think of right now. CURIOUS.

I love daffodils. They're easy to grow (and I mean super easy - you just drop them in the ground and that's it) and lovely to look at. They also spread like crazy. It makes me so happy to be driving along somewhere and suddenly see daffodils thickly scattered under a tree or in a field - from a distance they look like an improbable flock of yellow birds which could fly away at any minute.
4 comments on "dressed in yellow"
  1. Coldplay! She was all yellow. I never know what that song is about, actually. Jaundice? Huh? What are those depressive men singing about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! that's exactly the one I was thinking of that wasn't Mellow Yellow. I have no idea what they're talking about either - just that it has "yell-ow" and that little Coldplay yelp in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, the Coldplay yelp! I never had a word for that before. Yay!

    Amiable dispatch! What on earth was that?

    As it happens I just got an assignment turned in to me that was labeled "assignement," though how you get to that spelling, I do not know.

    Gratefulness you as your information, indeed! Wait, is it all translated with some kind of wacky Babelfish thing?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9