sick day survey

| On
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
I'm having a sick day today. I've caught some stupid cold which includes a noisy wet cough which means Resting with a capital R is about all I'm good for. The good news is that Resting with a capital R is the perfect state for watching french movies in the middle of the day! I'm awake enough to read subtitles, but too tired to be fidgeting about the things I think I should be doing.

FRENCH MOVIE FOR TODAY: Rules of the Game. I've never seen it - but since the list of movies I've never seen is so much longer than the list of movies I have seen, there doesn't seem to be much point in being embarrassed about it (although sometimes I am). Here's the trailer:



NETFLIX LOVE, YES OR NO?: yes! I just sent back The Hurt Locker and the Invention of Lying and expect to get Up in the Air and Good Hair today. As great as this is (I've been out of touch with recent movies for a long time), I find that I really love the Watch Instantly section - so much good stuff on there, both new and old. (I got a roku, which means I can watch it on my TV - this is how I'm going to watch Rules of the Game.)

READING: Today I'm reading Heat Wave by "Richard Castle" - yes, it's a tie-in to the television show. Let's just say that in my imagination Richard Castle, TV novelist, writes better novels than this. However, the book is short so I'll finish it - it'll either get better or be over. (this is a motto I try not to extend to much else, though.) Maybe it's fine for what it is - I don't read a lot of crime fiction anymore, so I'm probably not the best objective judge. Although it's not really fair to compare it to other crime fiction, since it's a novel within the world of a TV show that's based on characters within that TV show allegedly written by one of those characters, but we all know it's not since... I need more drugs.

(this book is behind one of my favorite patron moments at the library - a guy came in with the book, which he LOVED, and demanded to know where the rest of the Richard Castle books were. Of course, there are none (yet), but in the world of the show there are a lot of them. He didn't respond to my attempts to explain, so I sent him to the reference desk in the hopes that they could sort it out without anyone feeling stupid.)

oops! it is time for cold medicine, lunch and a movie.

p.s. Leslie is in Belize writing vacation haiku! This may be my new favorite form of travel writing.

p.p.s. New Lost tonight!
2 comments on "sick day survey"
  1. I hope that you are feeling better! I am glad that you are catching up on more recent movies. That is something I should seriously think about. I rent and forget and get fines and it is beyond stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I still feel crappy, but I can tell that better days are soon before me.

    Get Netflix! You know how I fret over every little thing - I have not regretted my decision to join for even one minute!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9