make two pictures and call me in the morning

| On
Sunday, September 18, 2011

I have been a lapsed blogger since my road trip return - I've also been a terrible e-mail correspondent and so on (ha ha - my fingers slipped, so first I wrote "xo on" and then it was "zo on" like my fingers want to write this with some kind of movie-fake heavy accent to distract you from my weak excuses). If I were a  blog-doctor and forced to give a diagnosis (just so you know, the blog-doctor of my imagination wears a white coat and a stethoscope around her neck), I would say I've been taking a little mind-break and that's okay. The trip was wonderful, but I think it's taken me this long to achieve my introvert-balance again. 

One of the most fun things I've done (and am doing!) since my return has been an art challenge with Martina and my sister. We took a pledge to make one new thing a day for 100 days - so far I've been doing sketches and watercolors. We've only been doing it for 19 days so far, but it is so fun! I have no expectations of myself in this arena which is TOTALLY LIBERATING. I sit down to do my thing which might lead to wondering (like today) "how the BLEEPING BLEEP am I supposed to draw ice?" and it's fun - a challenge, not a disappointment that I don't auto-magically know how to render ice in a glass or whatever.  We post them to a circle on Google +, and then I put mine into a box and that's that.  Michaels has a new line of cheapo student art supplies which makes it even easier to say "oooh, I'll try that." (watercolor set w/ 36 colors = 4.99) 

ANYWAY - all of this is to say that I think I'll be back soon with some book reviews or at least links to awesome things because I have seen so many awesome things. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9