don't let the microbes get you down

| On
Monday, October 15, 2012
first aid

SICK RIDIC.

It started with a sinus infection. Weeks of clues in my kleenex should have tipped me off, but it wasn't until I felt my EYEBALLS start to get snotty that I finally dragged myself to a health care provider. (ZoomCare, as I do not have health insurance. Get it together, America!) The nurse practitioner gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and a steroid nose spray sent me on my way. Next up: Target pharmacy, where the pharmacist told me that the nose spray was $70. Since breathing didn't hurt, I decided to forgo Flonase and let that $70 stay in my bank account.

Both the nurse practitioner and the pharmacist warned that a yeast infection was possible with the antibiotic. I noted it, but didn't worry too much since the last time I had antibiotics (4 years ago and they were heavy duty) I didn't get one.  Plus, I eat yogurt all the time FOR FUN. Well the joke's on me because I got one and it was horrible. If you're ever feeling masochistic, try reading internet message boards about yeast infections and how to treat them. It's almost gone, she said hopefully.

Remember the snotty eyeball at the beginning of this story?  As soon as everything else was calming down, this decided to flare up.  And by flare up, I mean ooze and crust. So gross! And then a spider bit me. What the hell, spider!  Sigh. Every morning I think it's a little better, and maybe it is.  I'm generally in good health (for which I am enormously grateful), and I know that patience (plus time, rest, and liquids) are what's called for, but WAAH.

Anyway - all this is by way of saying 'this is what I've been doing'  - on the plus side, I've gotten a lot of reading done.

p.s. it finally started raining!
4 comments on "don't let the microbes get you down"
  1. Feel better and better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I hope you feel better--actually I hope you feel 100% right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9