summer evenings with spiders and bats

| On
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
thistle

This summer has been BUSY so far - so busy I haven't uploaded any new pictures mostly because I've barely taken any new pictures. (this one is from a few summers ago, but from about this general calendar time.)

Tonight after work I went outside to read because it's hot inside but conveniently breezy and still light enough outside. Hooray! In the non-hooray column, spider webs are almost impossible to see in the twilight hours. Spider season is in full tilt - they build webs EVERYWHERE, which I'm sure seems like the thing to do if you're a spider, but as spokesperson from humankind I'm not a fan of the ones hanging at face-height.

(TRUE STORY: The neighbors have caught me talking to the spiders more than once - "Spider, I thought we talked about this! This is a terrible place for a web, I'm going to break it every day!!"   The first time I was so embarrassed I went in the house via another door rather than go near the fence between us. Since then one of their kids got a drum set for his birthday - if I can deal with that, they can deal with a little exasperated spider talk.)

But on to the bats - once it was too dark to read but still a little light, I saw a bat! They're really cool, especially when they're in the air doing their bat thing. (which I hope is eating mosquitos.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9