around town

| On
Thursday, October 29, 2009
pearl pony
Monday was my sister's birthday. Due to procrastinating and my cold, I had to make a last minute run down to Powell's that morning to pick up one more thing. This pony was cabled to one of the metal horse rings which are still found on many portland curbsides. Location: across the street from the Pearl Bakery. (ALSO DELICIOUS. I used to eat lunch there often when I worked in the neighborhood.)

tiny hexagon tiles
Historic Crystal ballroom. Historic hexagon tiles by the ticket booth. (I don't really know if they're historic or not, but they look historic to me.)

under the canopy
looking over and out from under the canopy at the Crystal. I'm usually never there in the daytime! I love the yellow trees, the little patch of blue sky, the curve of the canopy. I take that freeway exit all the time.

interesting printing links:

Stumptown Printers video, via Carson Ellis. I love the sound of a letterpress, and I didn't even know it! I also love watching machinery like this in action; the combination of that clacking sound and watching the paper feed through is very soothing. I've seen many of their CD cases in person - they do good work!

Check out this making of the Pictorial Websters video at We Love You So. The printing at the beginning is interesting and awesome, but it's worth watching all the way through so you get to the sewing, binding, and finishing touches. They're right: it did blow my mind!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9