island afternoon

| On
Friday, October 09, 2009
Gratuitous photo post ahead!! These pictures are from last saturday on Sauvie Island.

island afternoon
I think this looks fake - like tilt shift or made on a little photo set with cotton balls for clouds. Okay, maybe not tilt shift. I went here to tilt-shiftize it the lazy way to compare, and it just looked blurry on the bottom. But tilt shift is fun to play with! I could tilt shift something then send it through the poladroid. Hmmm.

strawflower
These strawflowers are crazy. They really do feel dry like straw. If you were to pick this flower (well, travel back in time one week and pick this flower), it would look more or less the same in six months! Dustier, probably. At least at my house. Maybe a little faded, but otherwise unchanged. FREAKY. Honestly, nature is the freakiest.

corn!
corn! High as an elephant's eye, for sure. A really tall elephant. Although I think the actual ears of corn had already been harvested.

sunflower
these are not giant sunflowers, but they sure are pretty.

16
some kind of barn/silo/rust situation. I like it.

moon pumpkin
white, aka moon pumpkin! MOON PUMPKIN. The world is full of wonders.

out the window
Here's a still photo of what it looked like to be driving on the beachy side of the island. (corn on one side, river on the other side.) The clouds were out of control.



...and here's a five second video! The sun was shining and my sister was driving like there was a bomb in the trunk that would explode if we took a sharp corner at less than 50 miles per hour. The flickr conversion degraded the video, but even the original's color flashed negative. I think the color issue is partly because the sun was SO BRIGHT and shining right into the camera's digital business.

sauvie island in october
I think this is the same barn I posted earlier this summer - the barn dance barn/death by inconsiderate snake barn. It is totally overgrown ON THE INSIDE, which is just insane. Maybe I didn't see it right. Maybe I should go back and look.

I spent more time on Sauvie Island this summer than I have in years. I think it was a good plan and I hope to do it again next year.
3 comments on "island afternoon"
  1. That video is CRAZY! and the straw flowers look like sea anemones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DO! It's like they're the landlocked cousin biological LINK from the farmland to the ocean! I bet Darwin has a whole chapter on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever think of living on Sauvie's? I do, every time I go. A little corner of some farm...But it IS a long ways from a grocery. Lots of produce, though, in the summer, could tied you over for the winter?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9