secret message (arboreal)

| On
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
I was working on writing up some of the book stuff of the last week (Chabon, Wordstock, etcetera), but I need to think/write on it a little longer, so I decided I would photo spam instead. Trust me, it's better this way.

I took these on Friday -- I was back at the park today and it's already very different.

red leaves
I started off taking one of these tree pictures for old times sake. I still want to take them ALL THE TIME, but since I have 100s already, I try to limit myself. I hadn't been to the park in a while, hadn't been taking these kinds of daily photos. It's a good way to ease back in -- especially since putting my head all the way back like this almost always makes me a little dizzy -- the dizziness makes me look at things slightly differently.

tree frame
Which is how I started seeing all these little shapes on the fringes of the leaves. (this one is a heart.)

tree frame
This is just a few steps down from the heart! I looked up and saw how it almost fit together like a puzzle. I'm pretty sure I got in the way of a couple of runners while I waltzed around with my camera in the air to find the spot I liked best. (too bad!)

tree frame
I like the big empty space in the middle here. Perfect for framing a cloud shaped like a dragon (absent), or a tiny airplane full of competitive bunko players (absent), or a giant flying bunny that bounds the earth in 5 hops (present but invisible).

tree frame
SSSS Maybe this is Slytherin street. Or sassafras, sarsaparilla, salmonella, sprigs of twigs, sibilance street. Something snakey is going on, is all I'm saying.

yellowgreen
No air space here, I just thought it was pretty. I literally (for reals) stopped in my tracks! (I am the stop start bane of joggers.) Now that I look at it again, I think I was maybe chasing a frame of branches here, but mostly it's the color.

bright spot
Likewise.
Be First to Post Comment !