wienermobile five

| On
Friday, October 16, 2009
wienermobile

So many things! But I find myself once again at the very tired end of a long day and I should go to bed RIGHT NOW, but... I saw the Wienermobile today!

so here are five things:

1. I saw the Wienermobile today. license plate reads: WEENR

2. Am reading The Magicians and it is off to a rollicking start.

3. I should write a book post soon (beyond the wordstock post and the Chabon reading post that I have queued up in my mind), but for now I'll say that I had confused The Egyptologist with The Historian in terms of length and thought there's no way in hell I am going to read The Egyptologist, which is too bad because it sounded interesting, but now there IS a way in hell (and on earth!) that I may read it because it's only 400 pgs., not 400lbs.

4. I failed to get into the Read the Classics class for Swann's Way, but I'm on the wait list. But I think I may drop that too, because I'd pretty much need to abandon every other thing I'm reading and devote myself to that for the next little bit and I'm reading too many good things right now. Sorry, Marcel.

4a. while checking the mighty google to make sure I was spelling Marcel correctly, I came across one of those quotation sites that plucks greeting-card gems from literary brainiacs. This one was at the top of the page and I like it: A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves. I'd love to see the Mary Engelbreit illustration for the following: Everything great in the world comes from neurotics. They alone have founded our religions and composed our masterpieces.

5. Today I discovered a new thing to take pictures of and this new thing is everywhere if you squint your eyes just so. Hooray! Details (and photos) to follow. It may not turn out to be very interesting, but it gladdened my heart while I was out with my camera today.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9