portland winter fact check

| On
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
yellow
Here are some pictures I took the other day at the park. (The day with the Junior Bicycle Puddle Splashing Champion: under six division.) Something yellow is blooming! or starting to bloom. I'm not sure what this is, apart from a) yellow b) blooming (or almost blooming) c) on a tree.

silhouette
raarrrr! This one looks kind of lobstery/crawfishy to me. But still a tree.

triple silhouette
These three are gossiping about all the other trees. I was going to write that if they had eyes, they'd be shifting them, but they DO have eyes, I just didn't take pictures of them because they kind of weird me out.

cherry tree
ta-dah! I think this must be one of the earliest blooming cherry/plum trees in the city. I love how when they just start to bloom it looks like someone's strung popcorn on the tree. It's been a fairly warm, mild winter, but this is bananas. (and pretty.)

early blossoms
see what I mean about pretty?
1 comment on "portland winter fact check"
  1. they are indeed pretty! thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9