year of the tiger

| On
Sunday, February 14, 2010
fierce!

Happy Lunar New Year!! I keep thinking of EYE of the Tiger every time I see the YEAR of the Tiger and they are totally different things. (I hope! if the year of the tiger means everyone has to walk around Survivor-tough in berets and mullets, I'm against it!) The good part of the year of the tiger is that it reminded me of a series of stories I wrote in the 3rd grade about a gigantic bengal tiger named Marcus with whom I had many international adventures (largely on islands) where we would kick ass and take names, and then get away on a speed boat. (I lived in Florida. It made perfect sense.) I wonder if I could find those anywhere? I know he featured prominently in my schoolwork for as long as I could get away with it. (Including art class.)



In other news of the day, I opened a new package of diet coke this morning and found one of these! How cute is this? (answer: unspeakably.) I was looking at it and thinking "hmmm, that little guy looks familiar" and managed to work out that it was done by Tom Gauld , whose work I first came to through his most excellent Characters for an Epic Tale illustration.



here's another picture of the can - I took both this and the one before with the photo booth program on my laptop - first with the "comic book" effect, and this one they call "glow" but what I think they really mean is "will apply vaseline lens/heavy eyeliner effect." The reflection on the can sort of makes it look like the little guy is pushing someone off the heart, or maybe the other one is sneaking up on him. Marcus wouldn't have any trouble sorting this out, that's for sure.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9