water, sleep, books

| On
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
hot pink zinnia

Water and sleep are two of my ambitions for August. My work schedule is the heaviest it's been in a while, which is good - but it's also a lot of standing, lifting, and THE PUBLIC. I love The Public mostly, but they can wear you out. Anyway - as I adjust to this schedule, I'm also trying to drink a lot of water (hydration powers, activate!) and get enough sleep. My cousin, who has her master's degree in kineseology (she's a strength and conditioning coach for a university), says that hardly anyone gets as much as they should, and that it's one of the easiest ways to make yourself feel better.


SO MUCH TO READ: I found some great stuff today - I have a stack of things I'm excited to read, which is one of my favorite feelings in the world. Anticipation followed by enlightenment! (even if that enlightenment comes in the form of "this book was very disappointing.") In the spirit of saying it now in case I don't get around to saying it later, today's library haul included: White Heat by Brenda Wineapple, which is about Emily Dickinson's friendship with abolitionist Thomas Wentworth Higginson. (the name alone!) I can't remember where I read about this, but it looked interesting. I was happy when it came through the bookdrop today and nobody had a hold on it. Yoink! Also nabbed was Generation Loss by Elizabeth Hand - Maggie had added a book of Hand's on Goodreads, so I looked up to see if anything by her was available at my branch - this one was! Punk-rock photographer and a decades old mystery: yeah!

My other book finds were more along the lines of adding them to my read later list. If you're curious, you can look at my To Read section on Goodreads. It is slowly replacing the round metal tin full of post it notes as a way to manage my TBR list. I should probably start keeping track of where I got the recommendation, but enh. What I should REALLY do is get cracking and figure out where I left off on some of the series I was reading and get those added, etc. etc. One thing at a time.

And now I've stayed up too late! It's hard - my natural time to be awake is later rather than earlier, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

(photo is of a zinnia, which is one of my favorite summertime flowers.)
2 comments on "water, sleep, books"
  1. That photograph has made my day. The colors are so bright and beautiful! I might have to hang it up somewhere in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm glad it made your day.

    They're one of my favorite summertime flowers for a reason!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9