Bet Me

| On
Friday, February 18, 2005
Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

(#5) I know, I know - so far from my library list a few weeks ago, the only books I've read were ones I got for my "sister." Well, I do have a sister, really. And she read them both also.

This is the second time I've read Bet Me, the first being right after it came out last year. I liked it, but I like Crusie so that's no surprise. If you wonder how this is any different from any other comedy/romance I will say that it has a heroine who starts off heavy (by romance book standards) and stays heavy. A heroine (and hero) who like kids, but don't want to have them themselves. It sounds pretty prosaic, but believe me - those are not common themes at all in women's fiction, especially the not wanting babies thing. But that's another topic for another day.

It's a quick read - fun and funny with plenty of built in drama (of course) but not the contrived idiotic "if only she'd told him" kind that makes me want to pound the author into the ground with a hardcover copy of their own book.

Some other random tidbits: Min and Cal both like Elvis, except one prefers Presley, while the other favors Costello. Min loves shoes. There is a great secondary cast of characters, which I am coming to see by typing out these mini-reviews is something I really enjoy.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9