the trouble with tuesday

| On
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
road to the beach at sunset
(from last week at the beach. This was monday night, I think...)

Tuesdays are no fun anymore! No new Buffy, no new Gilmore Girls, no new Veronica Mars. I have a weekly (tuesday) requirement for a smart talky feminist show, and now there are none! I watched 30 minutes of Law & Order, SVU and let's just say that it did not meet my RDA for smart, talky or feminist. (Maybe the smart, talky and feminist was all in the first 30 minutes leaving the last half for...well, you know.)

BUT, I can say that last night's Feist/Grizzly Bear show was wonderful! I'll have more on that soon, but I'm so glad I got to see it. Arriving at the venue was definitely the turning point for my bad day -- it switched to pretty good and then to great as the evening wore on. For some reason I didn't get to nearly as many shows last year (and the first half of this one) as I did in 2005 -- I forget how much I like the whole experience of live music. I don't even mind the shoving shovers of shovealot as much as I probably should. (in all honesty they were more shoulder tappers and excuse-me-ers than shovers, but where's the drama and alliteration in that?)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9