ruthless tidying

| On
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
almost serrated

Everything and nothing is happening simultaneously this week, right inside my head. It's benignly disconcerting, but not debilitating or anything -- a definite lull, but not an unpleasant one. It feels like my brain is chugging away at some mysterious calculation in the background, but in the foreground I'm cleaning. (I'm trying to learn a lesson from Ryan Adams -- this quote (via Vulture) made me laugh and laugh: "You could eat sushi off my bookshelf. My cleaning regime is like a  battleground. I'm Genghis Khan and my cleaning products are my Mongolian army and I take no prisoners." ) TAKE NO PRISONERS! ha ha! I should get that tattooed along with a feather duster on my forearms. I currently have many, many prisoners that I shift from one holding facility to another. (edit: I just realized Genghis Khan is showing up a lot lately here and there -- he's also in a Thomas Frank quote below in the Weekend Items post from last week. where will he be next?)

Anyway! I hope by the time I get my brain back I have the answer to something really good and not just a sharper recollection of the sixth grade or where I put that paper I've been looking for. At the very least I hope for some ruthless Mongolian cleaning power.

(Busby the cat is trying his entire bag of cat tricks to get me to let him outside. He has danced a fandango on the narrow windowsill in front of my desk, he is currently batting his patented cutie eyes at me and I know he's only a minute away from piteous whining. But he can't go out! there's a cat-eating coyote roaming the neighborhood, so he has to stay in at night. Poor abused creature! He makes sure he does not suffer alone.)

the weather and colors are changing faster than I can upload pictures, but here are some from the past week or so:

japanese maple

this is a japanese maple I walk by often -- I think they're very pretty. This one is conveniently squatty AND on a hill so I don't have to do anything but lean over to get a picture.

squirrel
The squirrels are so suspicious, but also incredibly curious. If you're looking at them, they're looking at you. I find them hilarious for reasons I don't fully understand. (Maybe it's like those people who always laugh when they see someone fall down? I don't know!)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9