pre-crimson

| On
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
pink stereo

February so far: the sun is shining, the birds are singing and spring is in the air. (although it may leave the air. You know how it is.) ANYWAY, I was reading around the internet and saw yet another iteration of the itunes song meme and decided that it was time to play along since I haven't done one in months.

I know it's silly and originally designed by 11 year olds for 11 year olds, but it's fun for everyone. I always seem to find things I haven't heard in ages or didn't even realize I had. I tried to keep my comments to a minimum, but was not always successful.

here are the instructions, followed by my results.

1. Put Your iTunes on Shuffle.

2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.

3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds!

4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.


1. what do your friends think of you?
Girl Anachronism -- Dresden Dolls. (I would like striped stockings, but I think that's about where the similarities end. Just contemplating that level of chest-beating garment-rending LIFE DRAMA exhausts me, but I do admire the cabaret stylings!)

2. If someone says, "is this okay?" you say...
Tick Eats the Olives -- Devendra Banhart. (what I say to EVERYTHING, because it sounds like some kind of spy code. other person: "I understand the weather can be unpredictable this time of year." me: "tick eats the olives" handclaps ta-dah! the door to the speakeasy slides open, and we dance the charleston until sunup.) (but not to this song.)

3. How would you describe yourself?
Suffer For Fashion -- of Montreal. ("it's not supposed to happen like that")

4. what do you like in a guy/girl?
Shining Star -- Earth, Wind & Fire (Wheeeee! the lyrics are kinda woo woo space groovy, but the song makes me feel good. "words of wisdom: yes I can")

5 . how do you feel today?
When Your Mind's Made Up -- those Once people.

6. What is your life's purpose?
Kablerium vs. Obliviosity -- Helio Sequence. (obviously.)

7. what is your motto?
All Hands on the Bad One -- Sleater-Kinney. (I feel like I should embroider this on something.)

8. what do you think about very often?
Black Night -- Johnnie Morisette. (a-ha ha ha. "when will my troubles end?")

9. what is 2+2?
Be There -- Kelly Slusher.

10. what do you think of your best friend?
Polly Come Home -- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.

11. what do you think of the person you like?
Song For Myla Goldberg -- the Decemberists. (seraphim and seaweed swim)

12. what is your life story?
Hotel Song -- Regina Spektor. (hilarious! My evil twin must be getting up to some adventures she's neglecting to mention. this better not be on my credit card.)

13. what do you want to be when you grow up?
California Desert Party -- Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers. (There's guacamole!)

14. what do you think of when you see the person you like?
Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole -- Martha Wainwright. (itunes is kind of a misanthrope today, but this made me laugh so hard!) (I don't really think this about anyone I know.)

15. what will you dance to at your wedding?
Ooh La La -- The Faces. (oh, this is funny too. wish I knew then what I know now? too late! There are werewolves everywhere. who picked the date for this party?)

16. what will they play at your funeral?
I Don't Blame You -- Cat Power. (I also laughed at this, because I totally blame you! FROM THE GRAVE! Prepare for haunting.)

17. what is your hobby/interest?
Paul's Song -- M.Ward. (there's Portland rain in it! I wouldn't really call it a hobby, but it is an interest.)

18. what is your biggest fear?
Gotta Serve Somebody -- Bob Dylan. (I think I might be turning into a contrarian. If you say I gotta, I don't wanna. Not even for you, Bob Dylan.)

19. what is your biggest secret?
This Loneliness -- El Perro del Mar. (itunes is weeping prettily on a red velvet fainting couch. "no, it's nothing! I'm fine, just allergies." boo hoo hoo/ embroidered All Hands on the Bad One hankie/ delicate nose blowing/ heavy sigh.)

20. what do you think of your friends?
Weddle On -- Tammare. (Friends, I don't really know this song, so feel free to apply Shining Star here!)

21. what will you post this as?
Pre-Crimson -- Apples in Stereo.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9