over and over

| On
Monday, June 01, 2009
clover through the window

What a strange day June 1 has been -- strange but good. (I have made about 4 attempts to describe the strangest part, which involved... well, let's say clip-on earrings because it's true if not the whole truth. Clip-on shorthand for THE WHOLE TRUTH. "Judge, I'm telling you -- clip-on earrings." case dismissed!)

[QUESTION: should I get my ears pierced? my ears aren't, which I know is weird to many people -- I could explain, but I am in no shape to do so tonight.
pro: there are many super cute earrings out there in the world, many of which I could make myself!
con: the horror show of earring accidents that keeps playing in my head: "Local Woman's Earring Caught in Freak Archery Incident! -- news at 11", etc.]

[side note to the above question: the best ear piercing story that I know is Blondie's. Back in the olden days, her mother wouldn't let her get her ears pierced so she had a friend's mother do it with some ice, a needle, and a potato in a bowling alley bathroom. HARDCORE! ]

But enough about potatoes and bowling alleys and clip-on earrings. Here's some CLOVER. The clover is blooming all over the place. The picture at the top was out the window on the way home from the beach a couple of weeks ago. I missed taking photos of several stunning red clover vistas, but vowed that I would get at least one more picture of the clover before it was gone for good. (and by gone for good, I mean until next year.)

red clover, red clover
and I did! The bees love this stuff. I love that bright arrow of green in the middle.

red clover, red clover
and here I love that you can see some beautiful rolling countryside.



and here's Joan Jett singing Crimson and Clover, which has been going through my head over and over for all of clover season, although the version in my head has been Tommy James and the Shondells. I couldn't find a youtube video of that one that wasn't just a "floating album cover" thing, so Joan Jett it is! Joan Jett would have totally had her ears pierced in a bowling alley/roller rink bathroom.
4 comments on "over and over"
  1. Beautiful clover shots! I am glad you decided to pull over and get a proper one. It's so hard sometimes at 55+ to make a decision and get over w/o killing anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one week between the top clover picture and the bottom two, but even so your point is RIGHT ON. I can't tell you how many times I miss a picture because I'll "get it next time" and then next time it's gone. I was determined with the clover, though. If I hadn't gotten it here (on my way to somewhere else) I was going to take a clover-specific drive. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thank you about the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clover shots. I kept seeing those fields on the way from Astoria--so lush, somehow. (Bees and honey?)

    About the ear piercing question: I say why not? If you don't like it, you can let the holes heal up.

    Or, you can wait until you are 80, like Ada. I mean, having it done can always be something gleaming in your future.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9