middle of the week

| On
Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A photo of some books that were on my desk last week: Proust was a Neuroscientist, which I was supposed to read for non-fiction book group, but I didn't get it done so I took a job that day instead. I still haven't finished it, although I intend to - some sections work a lot better than others, which makes it tough to just power through. The other book is the Golden Nature Guide to Non-Flowering Plants, and it is thoroughly awesome as you might expect. I did find a couple more of the Golden guides at the book sale on Saturday: Weeds, and Gamebirds. The bird one is from 1961 and has the wonderful painted cover; the weed one was published in 1972, but I'm pretty sure the edition I have is from the 80s. Not as fabulous, but until a fabulous one is found it will hold the spot in my collection. For .50, I couldn't say no. 

******
The moon is still pretty full - tonight it's hazy and low and gold, but not spooky at all. 



NEON! at Cinema 21. This was taken in late March when we went to sing-a-long Grease for Martina's birthday. See that sky? It's pretty much what it looks like all winter/spring long - although today was beautiful blue skies with fluffy white clouds. I took some photos of the sun and whatnot, which I will probably end up posting on some day of opposite weather. That's just how it is sometimes! I ran these photos through Poladroid, which is fun to do from time to time. I don't have an iphone, but if i did I'm sure I'd be taking an obnoxious number of hipstamatic/instagram photos, so it's probably just as well I don't.  

oops! I am doing a poor job of getting to bed earlier. I should go do that now. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9