dateline: Minnesota, but really Wyoming

| On
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Wyoming

I AM TIRED. I know all I've been doing is sitting and driving and sitting some more, but it is wearying business. Not to say that it isn't fun, because it is. I honestly think everyone should drive straight across at least once - you see a lot, even on the freeway. (don't even get me started on the "throughways"  - what a racket! Why don't they just shake all the money out of your pockets once and be done with it?)

But I'm tired and want to put on my pajamas and finish my book and eat one more ginger cookie. We're getting up at the crackalacka tomorrow to try to press our reverse time zone advantage, and I want at least 6 hours of sleep in a bed.  Montana is enormous, so we have to leave early. Not to mention the rest of Minnesota, South Dakota, the corner of Wyoming, etc.



So from Rochester, Minnesota on Interstate 90 heading home, I bring you Freeway, Wyoming on Interstate 80 going there. (There = New York)

Number of cops I saw in Wyoming: 0
Number of "show 'em if you got 'em" signs on the back of big trucks: 1
Number of speed limit signs I saw: I dunno, but it wasn't many
Number of devices to close the freeway entirely in inclement weather: a lot
Number of people on motorcycles: MANY! It was just before Sturgis and the turn off is somewhere in Wyoming.


Wyoming

More amazing rock formations. This looks like it's out of a Road Runner cartoon. I think the coyote would balance an ACME anvil on top of it. Probably dynamite somewhere.

Eisenhower
Did you know Dwight D. Eisenhower is the father of the Interstate Highway system? You do now! They call it the "five star interstate highway" which is why he has stars around his head here. Or maybe he got hit by a falling coyote anvil. I don't know, I wasn't there.



Heading east!



Trains like crazy in Wyoming.




2 comments on "dateline: Minnesota, but really Wyoming"
  1. Jen, I'm loving your photos and commentary. I hope you get a nice solid 6 tonight and don't get hit by any anvils tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! No anvils today, and we even went to the Devil's tower.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9