it's a lake, but not that lake (yet)

| On
Monday, August 08, 2011
Idaho rest area info

So, best laid plans, etc. etc. I do not have all of my Salt Lake pictures up yet.  Here's a helpful and informational sign about ancient Lake Bonneville and the formation of the Great Salt Lake.

Today was a pretty lazy day spent with my Uncle in Altona, Illinois. We haven't seen him in a while, and it's always lovely to visit with him. I'm ready to get on the road, though. Tomorrow we drive forever to get to the Buffalo area, then the plan is to visit more relatives and see Niagara Falls. We'll see. A lot depends on the weather, etc. We got delayed by a night getting to Altona due to a huge lightning storm that was dumping down rain... but I digress. The point of my story is that I can't say for sure that we'll get to XY or Z tomorrow, but I do know we'll be driving a really long day.

puffed out
here are a couple of pictures from the same Idaho rest area as the sign at the top.  We'd spilled out of the car and started making a beeline for the plants - some random dude asked if we were botanists. From now on, if someone asks that I'm just going to say yes as it will take less time to explain.

Idaho wildflower
bee power!

juniper
if you ever wondered what Juniper Berries look like, wonder no more.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9