detour project

| On
Sunday, April 15, 2012
unmounted stamps

Behold - a more or less organized box full of unmounted rubber stamps.

 I didn't intend to do this project when I did. It was one of those things that cropped up in the course of doing something else -  I was looking for a stamp, realized that the envelopes I store them in were falling apart - before I knew what was happening, scissors were flying and I was surrounded by tiny pieces of paper and used glue sticks. It took a lot longer than I'd hoped (it always does), but I listened to some podcasts while I worked and had a nice time. I'm glad it's done, though.

Reading Report:  Game of Thrones, which is moving right along - I'm on about page 600 of 800. My fear is that I will only have 700 pages worth of patience with it, but I imagine momentum will be in my favor by that point and I'll get to the end with no problem. I'm also reading Imagine: How Creativity Works by Jonah Lehrer, which I have to finish by Tuesday. (it's also moving right along, but in a brain-science/no-dragons (yet!) kind of way.) I might type out some quotes from that later this week - it's so interesting! Not just interesting, but as someone who often feels like I have to trick my brain into doing things, reassuring. (Brains are sneaky - science confirms this.)

...and because my itunes just played it and I love this song, here's Sweepstakes Prize by Mirah. It's so playful and sincere. The beginning reminds me of My Girl by the Temptations, which is not a bad thing!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9