five things I saw today

| On
Wednesday, February 04, 2015
La Mano


1. flirty baby in bespoke dinosaur sweatshirt. I was shelving a book and the baby was being walked around by his fingers by Fedora Dad - the baby caught my eye and gave me a tiny smile and it was adorable.

2. first pages of Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson. So far I LOVE IT.

3. Confusing forms. Part of my job is compiling notes every week from our morning meeting. The notes are written into a blank form that has been evolving over the last few weeks. One of the latest is printed front and back and the days were profoundly out of order (like Tuesday on the back of Friday). CHAOS. but it all worked out.

4. SO MANY COMCAST PAGES. I'm trying to figure out a better deal. Because we've had service for so long, the bill is mondo expensive and it's not even THAT GOOD. But guess what happens when you try to see offers for existing customers? The website somehow can't find that page. It's bullshit is what it is. I wish I could resolve it with internet searches and the power of my mind, but I think I'm going to have to call someone. UGH.

5. This is not even from this month but I'm going to write it down anyway.  Around the time of the release of How to Train Your Dragon 2, I witnessed a little girl go to the reference desk and ask with great dignity about reference books on dragons, like where they live and what they eat and where do they lay their eggs and how do you train one and what do they like to do and it also needs to have lots of pictures... I loved how she snuck the training in there like it was a total side note when it was obviously her main concern! We didn't have a book checked in at the time which directly addressed all of these issues, but the librarian found her something to begin her research.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9