beep beep, who got the keys to the jeep?

| On
Tuesday, February 03, 2015



Like many spectacle-loving Americans, I watched the Super Bowl halftime show this morning on youtube. MISSY ELLIOTT!!!  I miss Missy! I didn't even know how much until I saw her again. I've collected a few videos so I have them all in one place when I want to watch them.

(other Katy Perry Spectacular note: I really loved that lion puppet she rode in on at the beginning - all that PLUS dancing sharks?? Come on! No complaints here.)



These videos are like a time machine to the late 90s/early 2000s. Wouldn't it be cool if they WERE a time machine? I'm not ruling it out.



Lots of MTV at the time familiar faces in all of these videos.




The Rain is the first time I remember seeing/hearing Missy Elliott. What a memorable song/video!  It seemed so different to everything else out there - so deliberately weird but compelling - like an alternate science fiction future in which we all look magnificent in our garbage bag garments and gold glitter head pieces.

I keep almost getting to what I want to say, but it's battling with the fact that I have to go to bed because I work in the morning so I can't quite get it right. Probably just as well. In a nutshell: she's an idiosyncratic national treasure and a hugely talented writer/performer/producer and I'm glad she's back.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9