up and coming- ->

| On
Monday, May 23, 2005
I think I may have entered the next phase of project pursuit. I am never sure what brings about these periods of accomplishment (or expected accomplishment, as I haven't accomplished anything YET) - but I know I had better jump on it with both feet or it will skitter away.

Up and coming projects for me: go through and cull books and junk. The junk shouldn't be so hard, and the books not so hard as I once would have thought. At one point in my life I would have said I could never get rid of a book - but I've decided that perhaps I don't need to keep a bunch of paperbacks I bought for a quarter each 13 years ago. Just maybe I can let some of those go - at least the ones I read once and will never read again. This is all in aid of Project Bookshelf. I think I am going to put up some brackets and standards on my wall to make shelves. I will get rid of the two bookcases I have sitting in that spot currently. It will be a lot more actual shelf-room, plus it will be less stuff on the floor, which is good. I will probably paint the shelves, which leads me to project two:

Sand and paint dresser. It is currently sponge-painted different shades of blue and has white ceramic knobs. There is nothing wrong with any of this, except I am sick of looking at it and there are some chips in the paint on the corners.

That really ought to cover it for current painting/building type projects. At least for now. I still have a floor cloth in mid-stages of finishing, but my heart's just not in it at the moment. My heart and my head both want to make this bookshelf thing work so that I have room to put all of my CDs away without having to have them in 13 places. (long, boring story - not that a long boring story would normally deter me from telling it, but I am tired and want to read the last couple chapters of Assassination Vacation.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9