roadtrip time machine

| On
Monday, May 10, 2010
It's really super-crazy-beautiful around these parts right now, but all of those pictures are still on my camera and not on the computer so instead here are some pictures from the pre-Christmas December roadtrip to BEND OREGON.

As always, I keep hope alive that one day I will be on top of all of my various projects/ambitions and ideas will float directly from my brain right into their intended project/ambition containers. Wait, no! no containers! FREE FLOATING AWESOME IDEAS that magically get things done and make me feel better. That day is no doubt a long time coming, so I guess I might as well make peace with my 6 months in the past roadtrip time machine. Or maybe I will declare an AMNESTY WEEK where I can post old stuff and stop making such elaborate apologies. Hmmmm.

Let's get on the road:

clouds
!!! I just think this is so pretty - this is on the other side of Mt. Hood from Portland. Portland is the valley side which is all lush and green, driving up the mountain is much of the same until you get to the alpine parts, which really do look like a Ricola commercial, and then on the way down the backside there's a bunch of scrubby looking pine (not my favorite mountain zone, I'll admit), but THEN you get to the buttes and plateaus of the high desert, and from there to the wheat fields or whatever this wheaty looking stuff is below.

clouds
I like this one because of the speed sign and the clouds and the tidy rows of wheaty looking stuff. I was not driving. (although I have taken pictures driving before.)

lost lake
This was on the way back to Portland, taking a different route. Isn't it pretty? It was half iced over and there was so much snow on the side of the road we almost didn't stop. I'm so glad we did! I love the greeny color of the water. What's it called, we wondered.

lost lake sign
Lost Lake, as is only right and proper.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9