wishful thinking auto repair

| On
Friday, May 21, 2010
green

The weather has been insane the past few days: rain, hail, freaky clouds, wind taking down trees, etc. Yesterday I was working at a library near one of the loveliest parks in portland, so I drove over on my lunch hour and ate in my car (it was raining, but still so fresh and so green!), listened to a CD and read my book. When it was time to head back, I turned the key and NOTHING HAPPENED. I didn't really have too much time to freak out about it because I had to be on the desk in 12 minutes, so I grabbed my stuff and hauled ass, arriving only 2 minutes late (rained on and sweaty with wild hair and whatnot). I was hoping that it was some battery issue that would magically cure itself while it was "resting," but this was not the case! After work I walked back to my car (at a more relaxed picture taking pace) and when it failed to start I called my sister, who kindly came and picked me up.

trees

We tried jumper cables! It didn't work, but today's hope is that if I try it again and try it for longer than 1 minute, I might get some results. If not, then I have to figure out how to get my car to the place that will fix my car, etc and SO ON. (it's so simple: call a tow truck, call the garage. done and done! But these things stress me out for reasons I don't understand. I often deal with people who are freaked out about simple happen all the time library things and I don't think they're dumb or ridiculous; I would imagine this happens even more often in the broken car business! I make my own troubles, I tell you what. I'm picturing a little factory in my brain that belches out smoke and has a thousand machines packaging ridiculous things for me to worry about. This just in: now I'm worried that the troubles factory in my brain is bad for the environment! That's it. I'm shutting it down and I'm going to have my brain troubles handcrafted by a hippie art collective instead.)

(the pictures are from March near Silver Falls. It was raining SO HARD, but I really liked how warped and abstract the green and the trees looked through the car window.)

Woo! It has finally stopped raining so hard I can hear it, so I'm going to take another run at getting my car home. It really could be SO MUCH WORSE and I know it
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9