SUBTITLE: It's been a long time since I last posted but I did not die from maybe mold poisoning.
So here is the afghan I finished - I think it looks pretty good! It took me a long time, but I think part of that was because I didn't want to repeat any squares. It would have been much faster to sit down and make 10 each of however many colorways. (There may be repeats, but they are unintentional.)
I used wool-ease, which is a acrylic/wool blend. It's just the right amount of soft, warm and washable. I would love to make one out of superwash wool, but that's $$. Wool-Ease (Lion Brand) is available everywhere at a pretty reasonable cost. I supplemented with some straight up acrylic when I needed a color and I'd do it again. I'm picky about acrylic, though - some of it is scratchy, some of it is shiny, some of it is squeaky - none of which is what I want in a blanket. But some of it is lovely! So that's my advice - use whatever you want, but hold out for the lovely kind.
here's the back - I just did a slip stitch to hook it all together.
Perfect lap size for winter reading! (book in the photo is My Ideal Bookshelf, which is fun!)
I just did a simple edge on it, but I like it! I was ready to be finished, that's for sure. Which isn't to say that I haven't started plotting my next afghan. There's nothing like finishing to make me want to start something new.