it all falls together eventually

| On
Thursday, March 16, 2006
I was wondering if I would be able to come up with a blog topic today. I have a deadline, an appointment (for fun!), and another appointment (for fun and art!) tomorrow. I should be doing stuff. But, you know how it is -- you have to check email, take a break, blah blah blah. But then I was checking Powell's blog, and then everything clicked together into a blog-worthy excuse for procrastination.

First of all -- the Powell's Books blog post today is excellent, including as it does a great poem by Tom Clark, and a poem by one of my favorites Charles Simic. This ties together with Appointment (for fun!) #1 Livewire featuring Michael Powell (owner of Powell's books -- see how this all just clicks together?), and.... M. Ward!!* Woo hoo! I am meeting Blondie there.

Then, tomorrow, I am meeting Martina and Citizen R. at the Portland Art Museum to see the Hesse exhibit before it leaves (and to celebrate b-day week with M.) Okay, so this doesn't really tie in with the above, but I wanted to mention it publicly so Martina can't pretend she didn't invite me.

and that's all the time we have today on "it all falls together eventually" theater. I have to feed the cats, change out of paint-and-ink-and-gross deadline clothes and get out of here.

* I think his first name is Matthew, but it would be really funny if it were Montgomery, since Montgomery Ward's is what you get if you just type www.mward.com into your browser. Alright, maybe only funny to me.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9