spring fever, forgetfulness linked in study

| On
Saturday, March 04, 2006
camellia with lurking bee

The old saying goes you learn something new every day. I am less than thrilled with today's lesson, which seems to be that I may choose what I think is a safe place for vital items like iTunes gift cards, but it's not such a great place if I then lose all memory of where it is. I am sure it will turn up, but ARGH! Damn those abducting aliens and their memory wiping technology. Or you know, my innate forgetfulness. I can remember all sorts of completely unnecessary minutia, but cannot remember this one thing! I am sure it's right in front of my face. I know I didn't just lose it, because I distinctly remember thinking "well, I won't lose it here!" The real lesson: don't save iTunes gift cards! Scratch that little thing off the back and load it onto your computer immediately!

In happier, less insane-making news -- it is a beautiful day, and here is a picture of a lovely pink camellia. Spring is springing!

edit: found it!! For future reference, "safe place" is tucked inside the copy of McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales that I received as a Christmas gift. Not even in an envelope, but I'm not going to go nuts about how stupid that is because the disaster has been averted. Hooray!
2 comments on "spring fever, forgetfulness linked in study"
  1. Whew, that was close.

    Meanwhile, news flash: Scritti and Derrida linked, in the NY Times, no less:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/05/books/review/05windolf.html?8hpib

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was close! It was about to get ugly, like it always does when I start looking in the same place for the fifth time because where else could it be.

    Thanks for the Scritti link. You have to love the "pretzels of contradiction... lurking in the center of every twist of language.."

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9