super nerd

| On
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
This is a somewhat sad admission, but I am super-stoked now that I am holding in my hands Willamette Week's guide to Wordstock!!! (okay, it is sitting on my desk since I can't type and hold it in my hands at the same time) Colson Whitehead is going to be there!! (I have only read his Intuitionist, but I had a book crush on him after that. It was so...well, there was just a lot going on in that book and I think I probably only got a tiny fraction of it, but that's kind of what I dug about it. There is more for me there if I ever go back!) Dave Eggers will also be there (confession: I have never read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. There was just so much hype and buzz all over it that it made me mad just looking at it -- not rational, but it is what it is). I could probably go back and read it now, but I've got a bunch of other stuff ahead of it... But I do enjoy reading McSweeney's occasionally, and McSweeney's Internet Tendency more often than that. Christopher Moore, Jessica Abel AND MANY,MANY MORE will also be there.. (this was all just cribbing off of the Powell's Stage page!)

More updates as the date grows closer.

here's an update five minutes closer than when I originally posted -- the Wordstock Livewire will have Chuck Barris (why not?), Jessica Abel, Art Alexakis (I wasn't so jazzed about this initially, because how could he even come close to John Wesley Harding and Colin Meloy, which is who we got last year? I like some of his songs, but can he even read? But now I see The Minus 5 will also be there, so I am appeased. And maybe AA will change my mind.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9