3 unrelated things and a cement dinosaur

| On
Thursday, August 17, 2006
raaaar!
+ I recently became overwhelmed with the need to make a new summer mix CD. It must be in the air, because Martina told me the same thing! Anyway.. I may have to make two different ones because I don't see how I'll ever make this raggedy collection of songs I must use fit together.

+ southern accents on TV are generally hilarious. I watched a show tonight and people from the same (tv) family were talking like they were from 3 different states and one alien planet! One brother thought he was in a Tennessee Williams dinner theater production, another sounded like Cletus the slack-jawed yokel, another was a cowboy. Only one of them sounded like a normal human being who happened to be from Georgia. I just don't get it. I suppose it's the same for any regional accent, though.

+ someone next door is working overtime to freak me out. I think (as best I can tell) one of the kids is in some sort of ninja outfit running around in circles in the backyard wearing a head lamp with a flickering light that also makes a clicking noise. Or they've done something dire to the dog -- I can't tell for sure and don't want to get caught looking. It's very disconcerting. (The kid is probably back inside now blogging about his creepy neighbor who stands in a dark window and watches everything.)
2 comments on "3 unrelated things and a cement dinosaur"
  1. Where is this cement dinosaur located? It reminds me of this place either in California or Nevada that is sort of..."goofy" that has cement dinosaurs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just south of Port Orford (in Oregon) on US 101.
    more pictures starting here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jensect/32819980/in/photostream/

    this place is definitely a little goofy, but it's fun too!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9