baby, it's cold outside

| On
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
DSCN1637
weather: Okay, I know that it's not officially winter for another month, but man is it COLD. And our first bout of freezing rain is on the way. I guess it's good to get it over with, but I have to say I am not a fan. Snow is great, I don't even mind hail, plain old rain is to be expected, but freezing rain is a bastard!

TV: Gilmore Girls -- ARGH! it's like a grotesque reflection of its former self. Even Emily and Richard didn't help. Paris and Doyle didn't help. Marty??? Luke? Mandate?? What the hell?

Veronica Mars: Oh, Veronica. I like this show a lot, but I found the mystery this time around to be very unsatisfying and the "frats" and "feminists" were really getting up my nose with their stereotypical assholery and stridency. Veronica as a character remains complicated and fantastic, however. I wish Mac had been on more.

quote: "you're acting like your own Wicked Stepmother." Said to me yesterday by the career counselor I saw in October, who is now helping me get my shit together for grad school. It was one of those things that I knew vaguely in the back of my head, but hadn't articulated. (this came up in the context of "are you making sure that you're still doing creative things? because that's really important for you to do." to which I replied "yeah, except sometimes I don't let myself because I know I should be doing all this other stuff.")
7 comments on "baby, it's cold outside"
  1. Emily and Richard were the ONE bright spot, but the show is just a husk, a shell, a joyless blah.
    Off to work I am now. Grad school will be the greatest. You are going to rock no matter where you land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope work wasn't too arduous and you managed to get there despite the ICE STORM that wasn't. Your confidence in my ability to rock is very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This great ice storm we are suffering through is so...warm? This city is so crazy. People will soon be abandoning their cars on the side of the freeway. Really. It is very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee! I laughed out loud at the notion of people abandoning their cars because of our warm weather invisible ice storm.

    I would like to note that it was REALLY COLD when I originally made this post. VERY COLD. and then it started raining and warmed up almost immediately to 40 degrees. But it was DEFINITELY cold outside when I posted it, I swear to god!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the other day was extremely cold and I did not enjoy it one bit. I do love how newscasters go nuts for naming things, like "The Great Ice Storm of 2006". Unfortunately for them they have not been able to use it yet. I love that even more right now because I am listening to my Indian Summer mix and I am loooooving it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to sound like the Grinch who stole Winter in Portland, but 20 below is cold. Three feet of snow is something of a deterrent to walking a mile. The winter frenzy here is mostly the creation of the media.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha! were you walking uphill both ways in those three feet of snow, 20 below, Patty?

    bbd -- i was just listening to the indian summer mix today, too! I still like it.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9