that ain't all, I lost my mind in oregon

| On
Monday, October 06, 2008



I heard Portland, Oregon by Loretta Lynn on my walk this morning and wondered if there was a video to be found -- lo and behold, there is! I love this song. I love how they attempted to get a local feel by flashing video of the city at the beginning (a couple shots have me going "hmmmm, that looks more like Pittsburgh" but they're probably just from an unfamiliar angle); Jack White's respecting regional attire by wearing a plaid shirt, and country music goddess Loretta Lynn is in a peach prom/wedding dress with spangles. I've got at least FOUR of those! hee hee. Okay, not really. but how much would I love it if that was the local costume? I would love it x100 for the pure surreality of it. Riding your bicycle in the rain? Wear the silver prom dress with black spangles! mud/rain drop problem AVERTED. I bet there are even 100% post-consumer recycled sequins to be found if you look hard enough.

edit: I can't stop thinking about this now -- it would really liven things up in the Portland winter: two camps (ala Mad Men's Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? campaign)-- are you a Dolly or a Loretta? Gritty blue ridge mountain glamour prevails over goretex performance textile practicality! NEWS AT ELEVEN.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9