small list

| On
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
crab

I have the next couple of days off and decided that I should finally get some nagging tasks DONE so I can invent more nagging tasks to keep me from what it is I really want to do, whatever that is. Woo! So far my agenda is shaping up like this:

1) hang up all the clothes on the floor. (It looks like monkeys came and ransacked my closet - but it was just me!) I did this one already so it's sort of cheating to put it on a list, but I read somewhere that making lists of things you've done can be more effective anyway. (makes sense to me.)

2) Dye t-shirt and other shirt: it's happening RIGHT NOW. My fingers are blue. I'm trying this dye that goes in the washing machine instead of having to stir it in a giant pot like a dye vat witch. Here's hoping that it doesn't make everything else for the foreseeable future also blue.
(NOTE: the power keeps cutting out so who the hell knows what this will look like.)

3) Read book for book group on Sunday. This month it's Gumbo Tales: Finding My Place at the New Orleans Table by Sara Roahen. I'm enjoying it - she writes well about food and I feel like I know more about New Orleans, which is a place I've always wanted to visit but never have. I'm just to the part about the New Orleans/Spaghetti connection, which was an utter and complete hole in my knowledge of the city. I love it when I learn something I not only didn't know, but something I wouldn't even have thought to invent.

4) FLICKR: this is the most ambitious project on my list. I intend to get my uploads caught up (ENTIRELY!) by noon tomorrow. Woo! This has been dragging on me forever and I look forward to that self-satisfied feeling of lightness which I know won't last but nothing lasts really, so why not anticipate and then enjoy?

5) write up overdue book so I can take it back. At least find the part I wanted to find and read one more time.

I'm hoping to get most of these done today (apart from the book, which will take longer), then who knows what I'll do? On the other hand, it's already after 4. Hmmm. We shall see.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9