summer color

| On
Thursday, July 22, 2010
hydrangea
Note: these photos are from exactly one week ago.
Note: hydrangeas can be so pretty they kill me, revive me, force my finger to push the picture taking button. (helpless! Unless they anger me, which happens but rarely. Gardening can be volatile but mostly it's like self administered natural certified organic happy drugs, with the side benefit of flowers or tomatoes or strawberries. dangerous side effects may include: dirt under fingernails, unhealthy obsession with slugs, mind games with the raccoon who keeps digging things up, dirt smudges on face that become invisible to the smudge bearer but a source of snarky mirth to every wiseacre in the county.)

hydrangea
one of my favorite color combinations.

daisy
Shasta daisies kind of smell like feet in certain circumstances, but they're a-ok with me.

scabiosa/ pincushion flower
!!!! the pincushion flower (scabiosa) doesn't really look much like a pincushion when it has it's petals on, but once they fall off (like here) it does.

poppy skeleton
I'm not sure how this happened, but I'm glad it did - this is the skeleton of a poppy pod. I stuck it on these leaves so I could get a better picture.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9