twelve!

| On
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
the red 12

1. I really like the new flickr app and the tweaking they've done to the main site

2. Sleep! I need to go to bed earlier. Is there a cure for farting around on the internet?

3. twelves! I always like dates with the same number or a number run (9/10/11 or whatever) even though it's just a NUMBER with no particular significance. Even so, it makes me think 'hey, look at that' and it's not like I'm making lottery bets or life decisions based on it, so don't rain on my parade, Neil deGrasse Tyson!

4. My Christmas cards are almost done, although they're not very christmassy. Holiday cards? Winter cards?

5. the cat is on my arm, purr/snoring as I type this.

6. I started Diving Belles and it's good, but my brain is craving something trashy. Hang in there, Brain!

7. I wish it would snow.

8. I've been making a bunch of stuff out of supplies already on hand. this feels FANTASTIC. I sense a theme for 2013. More on this at a later date -  I'm still rolling it over in my head.

9. Nashville, New Girl, and The Mindy Show: I'm enjoying all of them very much this season.

10. This may sound nuts but I've had the sense lately that whatever my problem is (I have problems) the solution is within my grasp. This is a good feeling for the most part, although I find myself reaching that realization point and stopping - like just figuring it out is enough. (It is not enough.)

11.  If it was 11/11/11 I could quit this list right here!

12. twelve drummers drumming, eleven ladies dancing, ten lords a leaping, nine gees a laying, eight maids a milking, seven swans a swimming, six drummers drumming, FIVE GOLDEN RINGS, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree. (From memory -  I should fact check.)  (fact: there are not 18 drummers in this song, and I forgot the pipers! 12 drummers, 11 pipers, 10 lords, 9 ladies, 8 maids, 7 swans, 6 geese, 5 rings, 4 birds, 3 hens, 2 doves, 1 partridge.) (ooh, wikipedia says they are "colly birds" and here all this time I've thought they were "calling birds." Oh, wait -that's a variant. It's wrong, but I'm not the only person who ever thought so. The article is pretty interesting...)

2 comments on "twelve! "
  1. The Mindy Show holiday episode made me laugh so hard-when she mentioned Kobe Bryant I think I fell in love with the show. Ben and Kate is also a favorite. It's sweet, and I am finding that I love the sweet shows, as long as they aren't just straight up sweet. That wouldn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Mindy Show keeps getting better and better - I suspect it will be like Parks and Rec and find its feet in season 2.
    I've not watched Ben and Kate yet! I will keep an eye out for it. I've been loving New Girl this year, too - they're all total lunatics and I look forward to them every week. Parks and Rec is definitely sweet but not straight up sweet.

    Do you watch Raising Hope? I thought I would hate it, but I LOVE IT SO.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9