Bollywood Confidential

| On
Friday, August 26, 2005
by Sonia Singh #30

Dude! I was beginning to think I wasn't going to make it to 50 books by the end of the year, but I think it's going to work out after all. hooray!

But about Bollywood Confidential - I just happened to read this the same week I watched Bride and Prejudice (more on that later - it had some good parts, but boy, it had problems! I think the main problem was that it was not 6 hours long like the A&E P&P), and what do you know - that movie is mentioned in this book. Anyway, this is light and fun and has a list of the author's top 10 Bollywood favorites in the back.

It is sort of a romance, but not really - it is more about Raveena (the main character) just getting her shit together. In order to do that, she flys to Mumbai and accepts a part in a movie titled Taj Mahal 3000...Unleashed! That title alone made it worth reading for me. Bollywood Confidential is not deep or particularly thoughtful, but I really like Raveena. Singh has created a lovely and varied cast of characters, - all of whom appear more or less organically - unlike certain secondary charactes in other books. ::cough:: Time off for Good Behavior ::cough:: (I know I should let it alone, but the Smart Bitches just gave that book a a really good grade that I don't think it earned it, so it is on my mind. A straight up B or B- I wouldn't quibble with).

Now that I think of it, Bollywood Confidential is very much in line with Briget Jones's Diary, except probably a little bit shorter and with less sex, swearing, and diary entries. And in India. OK - maybe not just like BJD, but reminiscent of without seeming like a shameless copy.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9